fitting larger hard drive and partitions

Kingfisher 17:21 11 Feb 10

Hello I am about to replace my existing 80gig hard drive with a 250gb hard for my dell dimension desktop, I plan to use a back up image that I have on my external hard drive. the question is my existing 80gig hard drive has a 58 mbyte partition for Dell recovery options and the second partition makes up the rest of the hard drive, When I restore the backup image (not clone) will the second partition expand to the new size of the new hard drive IE: 250gbytes less 58 mbytes partition, or will I have to increase the larger partition, which I am not sure how to do.
Or can I image only the larger partition on my existing hard drive and forget about the recovery partition. Incidently Acronis suggested backup image and not clone image.
many thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:33 11 Feb 10

You need a backup of the "whole drive" not just your system partition.

This then means you also have a copy of the dell restore partition as part of the image.

click here tells you how to resize the partitions during the restore.

Kingfisher 17:48 11 Feb 10

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ That advice has answered my question, much appreciated, ticked as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…