Fitting kit, HDD, Mesh tower

wotbus@ 16:19 04 Feb 06

Bearing in mind how long it takes sometimes to get a reply from Mesh ;-) perhaps a UK based reader could supply the answer. The HDD in my Mesh ATX Extreme is secured in the following manner: a guide is attached each side of the HDD with 2 screws and then the unit it slid into place and secured but the sprung quick release design of the guide. Is this a Mesh exclusive bit of hardware or is it freely available from other sources. I wish to fit an additional HDD so if anyone could point me to a supplier I would be very grateful. Thanks.
Location France by the way.

Biotech 16:29 04 Feb 06

I think Mesh may be your best option, I have a Mesh too, you would think that they could include a couple of spare rails with the systems as they have gone down the "toolless" road. Still your lucky to get your software let alone spare parts.

wotbus@ 16:32 04 Feb 06

Chrs Biotech - thought that may be the answer. Thanks for the reply.

Mr Beeline 17:53 04 Feb 06

Hi.

Sounds like you have the same fixing for the HD's as I do. There are usually a couple of spare ones screwed to panel that you remove when opening your PC. And "yes" I missed this myself and to my embarrassment spoke to a friend at MESH (who had a good laugh at a so called "expert" like myself).

If there are not any screwed to the inside of the case anywhere, then you will need to speak to MESH. The fastest way usually is to post on the MESH help forum on click here

In fact getting queries answered regarding MESH PCs are usually sorted a lot faster this way than trying to phone the help desk. I've posted a couple of queries on this forum one evening and in both instances they were answered the following morning.

Good luck.

Biotech 20:22 04 Feb 06

I am railless in the case department.

Mr Beeline 22:02 04 Feb 06

Biotech

Try posting a query on the MESH help forum on HEXUS.net. As long as you set up your order no. etc. when you register, I would be very surprised if you don't get a helpful response.

Biotech 22:32 04 Feb 06

Thanx

wotbus@ 11:01 08 Feb 06

Sorry guys - all good stuff here but I never got back to this thread in time. I emailed Mesh who pointed me Hexus. Logged in, 2nd page of Mesh forum told me where to look, powered down, opened the case, there they are dooh! Just never thought to look there although I noticed them in the past just never recognised them for what they were. All's well that ends well - thanks for the posts. :-)

Mr Beeline 12:15 08 Feb 06

Hi

I did mention that they are usually screwed to the door. But I appreciate what you say about not realising what they were, as that's what happened to me.

Now all you need to do is choose a new HD. I bought a Hitachi and have been more than happy with it. Both SATA2 and NCQ compatible ... well at least I should be able to take advantage of this when I get my new motherboard.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…