fitting harddrive

bazman75 23:00 07 Jun 04

can anyone help by explaining how to fit a second harddrive into my pc, it's the one from my last pc, and i would like to put it in my new one as a second.

Djohn 23:16 07 Jun 04

Operating system please and make/model of new PC?

bazman75 23:22 07 Jun 04

windows 2000, it's an ibm pc only pentium 2 runnning 400mhz. current hard drive is 6GB the old one is 3GB nothing major but cannot figure out how to get pc to recognise the new(old) hard drive every thing seems connected fine (except cannot find "jumper switch" to cahnge the new one to "slave" its a Quantum Fireball EX. ive checked their website but nothing so far.

MartinT-B 23:32 07 Jun 04

click here for the fireball. It's made by Maxtor (at least I was referred there when I googled for the Quantum Fireball EX

Scroll down, there are a few Fireballs listed. Click one, then choose Jummper setting from the Installation Drop down menu.

My WD Caviar HDD works best if it's set to cable select rather than slave btw.

bazman75 23:34 07 Jun 04

much appreciated thanks !.

MartinT-B 23:35 07 Jun 04

meep.

I checked 2 diff fireball drives and the master/slave/cabel select jumper setting are diff!

It'll be a trial an error thing unless someone has a manual.

Djohn 23:35 07 Jun 04

If you look at the rear of the drive you should see two rows of pins with a small plastic covered connector covering two of the pins. That's the jumper. There should also be a sticker on the drive showing a diagram of it's position for master or slave.

Meanwhile I'll have a look see if I can find anything to help regarding the position it should be placed in.

Djohn 23:37 07 Jun 04

Thanks MartinT-B. Sorry, I forgot to refresh prior to my post and missed your reply.

MartinT-B 23:38 07 Jun 04

FOUND IT!!!!!

Sorry to shout Quantum Fireball EX Jumper settings click here

bazman75 23:45 07 Jun 04

thanks a million guys! its much appreciated! now to work!...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…