Fitting a DVD Wtr but which other drive should I

Giggle n' Bits 00:13 22 Jul 04

fit?
As above. I am going to fit a DVD Wrtr drive.

Problem, confused. For the Master to the DVD Wtr drive, which drive would be best on the master to the DVD Wtr.

As I know the DVD Wtr can play DVD's back and also write CDR's but confused a tad here.

hugh-265156 02:02 22 Jul 04

doesnt really matter so long as both optical drives are on the secondary ide channel.

i would set the drive you will use the most to master and the other as slave.

the kopite 07:54 22 Jul 04

Audio I have the same setup and find if the writer is set as master it performs better

Giggle n' Bits 12:25 22 Jul 04

ok on Secondary master a DVD Drive and Secondary SLave a DVD Wtr ?

OR are you saying DVD Wtr on secondary master and DVD Drive on Secondary Slave ?

Curently (Not yet fitted the drive) there is a DVD as Secodary Master and CD Wtr as Secondary Slave but to fit a DVD Wtr which channel and which drive should I repalce it with PLEASE.

ventanas 12:36 22 Jul 04

I would leave the rom alone as the secondary master and replace the cd-rw with the dvd-rw. Saves messing about with the setting on the existing rom drive. It may be that they are already set to cable select. If the cd-rw has this setting, set the new dvd-rw to this also.

Giggle n' Bits 12:51 22 Jul 04

Please can you expand a little.
Ok I understand I leave the DVD as Secondary Master (Which is set to Master) and remove the CD Wtr and replace this with DVD Wtr.

Then Change the Jumper on Both drives to Cable Select ?

ventanas 13:48 22 Jul 04

No. If the original rom drive is set to master, then set the new dvd-rw to slave. I would leave cable select alone if it is not in use already.

Giggle n' Bits 13:52 22 Jul 04

Will no doubt be back later tonight as i expect to have problems how to actually burn a DVD, watch this space and enjoy your day !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…