fitting dvd drive

beb 15:25 16 Aug 05

i wish to remove my cd drive and install a dvd drive is it a case of taking one out and putting one in or have you got to update or install drivers etc ....any help much appriciated .

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:52 16 Aug 05

basically take the old one out set the jumper on rear of new one to slave put the new one in boot start up windows and windows should recognise the drive then install any dvd playing software that came with the dvd drive to be able to play dvd`s easy peasy

BurrWalnut 15:56 16 Aug 05

I would suggest you set the jumper as per the old drive, which won't necessarily be slave.

pj123 15:58 16 Aug 05

Yes, it is as simple as that. But why not go for a DVD Rewriter instead? So cheap now.

It will read CDs DVDs and also write to CD and DVD.

The one I have is the LG GSA4163B now as low as £17.

click here

j3nks 16:01 16 Aug 05

I have changed mine on several ocasions and swop them around from 1 PC to another with no problem, I have never had to load any additional drivers, maybe an issue with say windows 98 but XP should automaticaly recognise it.
You will need to update your burning software to something that can work with DVD

beb 16:40 16 Aug 05

all done thanks very much chaps , it was for my sons pc , who has just informed me that he left a cd in the old drive !!! kids eh .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…