Fitting case fans

Sorry if I seem a little thick but I have a question about the fitting of case fans.

My case can accommodate two 80mm fans, one at the front and one at the rear. I would like to know which way round the fans should be fitted, i.e., should the fan at the rear blow air into or away from the case.

The other thing is that the vent at the front of the case is covered by a plastic panel so I am not sure how efficient having a fan fitted there would be. There is a cutaway at the base of the panel though.

The reason for asking this is that my processor seems to be running at a fairly high temperature with a case fan fitted at the rear which is currently blowing air into the case.

Many thanks.

Spindrift 09:34 15 Mar 03

Front for intake and rear for extraction. The front intake will be ok regarding the case.

-pops- 09:40 15 Mar 03

If your processor temperature doesn't go down appreciably by doing what Spindrift has suggested (which looks like what I would have said as well) then you should see what you can do with the direct processor cooling/fan system.

For interest, what is the temperature of the CPU?

Thanks for replies.

The Processor is an AMD XP2000+. The idle temp is around 60-62C but after playing resource hungry games, it sometimes rises to about 72C.

I have thought about changing the processor fan but I'm a bit worried that I might break the plastic lug on the motherboard. I brough 'the processor in a box' and as you will probably know, this includes an AMD approved fan so I would have thought that this would be sufficient, but I could be wrong.

-pops- 12:00 15 Mar 03

Do the case fans first and see how they go before you do anything more probing.

Thanks again

Will do as suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…