First website

Iceman244 16:28 PM 01 Oct 09

Hi

I want to produce my own simple website, something I have never done before and I intend to teach myself.

I have been told to use MS FrontPage or MS FrontPage Express, and that you can download this for free.

But I can’t seem to find anywhere that I can download this software for free.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

BT 17:28 PM 01 Oct 09

I'm not so sure about getting Frontpage for free. It came as part of Windows ME but isn't included any more other than as part of MS Office.

How about WebPlus from Serif. You can get a free download from here
click here
It can produce some impressive looking results with a little practise.

Chris the Ancient 17:36 PM 01 Oct 09

Personally, I would avoid the MS apps like the plague.

I tried making a website with Front Page and it introduced oh so many smart tags and untidy code that I had difficulty in seeing what they were trying to do!

Jim Thing 10:57 AM 02 Oct 09

Wasn't it Front Page that got a very bad reputation some years ago for generating reams of superfluous code?

Chris the Ancient 13:09 PM 02 Oct 09

Probably... because it does!

It was s-o-o-o bad that when, in desperation, I re-did my Front Page created website (properly this time) in a copy of Dreamweaver 4 I found in my store of old discs, I did it from scratch because the Front Page version was so messed up it was easier to start again.

Forum Editor 23:02 PM 04 Oct 09

and I'll transfer it now.

Patr100 12:02 PM 05 Oct 09

Avoid FP if yu are starting out now.
Front Page is obsolute and no longer supported - why not download one of the free web editors like Nvu and build your site and learn with that.

click here

-

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…