First laptop

Mooky19 20:15 PM 21 Apr 12

Hi,

I looking to get my first ever laptop. I have £500 budget, want it for general use and watching movies both on dvd and online and would like a number pad on the keyboard. Had looked at the Sony Vaio and HP dv6 but getting conflicting advice. Please help!

john bunyan 20:24 PM 21 Apr 12

For a reliable brand with easy spares etc I would go for Toshiba. John Lewis give a 2 Year Guarantee. There is one on the link at just within your budget.For about £30 you can get a TV dongle to use it as a TV and PVR! Do get a USB HD to back up data from the start!

J Lewis Toshiba

frybluff 09:33 AM 22 Apr 12

Would certainly agree with JB, about John Lewis' guarantee, which is well worth having. They also give 90 tech support.

If you have a £500 budget, and no VERY SPECIFIC needs (eg Gaming), you have a huge choice. I would visit JL, and try a few (a lot comes down to "what feels right"), then check out their reviews, on this site, or somewhere like Which?.

rockets 07:07 AM 24 Apr 12

I suggest to buy a thinkpad laptop,it has well-know good quality and it is very cool in summer. you can purchase a 15" laptop that has a number pad designed on it. Importantly its keyboard has sensitive and good feedback feelings.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay