First Gaming PC Help Please

azsquil 17 Mar 13

I am thinking about buying a pc to use for both gaming and general use, I want to spend somewhere in the region of £500. I want the best i can get for the money, i just want the tower and not a monitor or keyboard etc. I was thinking about building myself but that seems like alot of work, is it worth building yourself? If someone could direct me to a particular pc on a site that would be great (preferably a site that does pay monthly). If you think i would save alot of money building myself could someone give me a list of components. I want to be able to run games on full 1080p resolution minimum. thanks in advance, Alex

Chronos the 2nd 17 Mar 13

You will struggle to get a top notch gaming PC for £500. When you consider deducting £70+ for the operating system then you really only have perhaps £425 left. But I will see what I can come up with.

A quick look at a company that has a pretty good reputation found the following.

Pre-Built:

Chillblast Fusion Wolverine.

Chillblast Fusion Firefly.

Nothing between them except one has a Nvidia graphics card the other has an AMD.

I don't think build with your budget is really an option.

azsquil 17 Mar 13

OK, how much would I need to spend do you think?

Chronos the 2nd 17 Mar 13

The above two will suite your needs and as more money becomes available then you can upgrade the graphics card (GPU).

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message