First attempt - opinions please!

hargranules 15:40 07 Jul 06

Hi, I am working on my first web site. I have set out most of the graphics and links, need to do text.

Would welcome some feedback on what I have got so far!

click here

Midsman2005 16:07 07 Jul 06

Nice and simple.

Which is exactly the sort of website I think work best.

All this colour and design simply annoys me.

hargranules 16:40 07 Jul 06

I would like to add a banner to the bottom where the company line goes across. I know you can do this on serif webplus but don't know if I can copy on to this.

Also having problems with layering. Want to put pics behind text but cannot work it out on frontpage any help would be great.

ade.h 16:41 07 Jul 06

I have had only a few moments to look at it, but I cannot help but notice the poor quality banner graphic, with its very aliased text, high jpeg compression and the weid ability to change in size and move around between pages.

I will study it in more depth later tonight.

hargranules 17:28 07 Jul 06

The header i got from xara.com and on the example it spreads right across top of screen, so don't know why it looks poor quality on mine.

Thanks for feedback, is there any way i can improve the quality or other websites i can get graphics for free.

phil 17:36 07 Jul 06

It changes size because of the different image dims set.

Index page: images/Chelmer_PC2.jpg" width="477" height="122

Other pages: images/Chelmer_PC2.jpg" width="520" height="130"

hargranules 17:37 07 Jul 06

I am re doing at the moment. Thanks for all your help.

ade.h 18:04 07 Jul 06

You should progress to making your own graphics, particularly if your site advertises Web Design.

Naeris 19:17 07 Jul 06

I would remove the 'under construction' text and graphic as sites are constantly under construction anyway and the graphic is cheap.

Also, I would suggest some META tags for the search engines.

Even though you've only just started your site, you've published it now and you never know who's looking i.e. potential customers!

Naeris 19:18 07 Jul 06

And centre your links at the bottom.

Naeris 19:21 07 Jul 06

One more thing, then I'll stop harassing your thread with a jumble of posts instead of just one!

The main banner is awful (in my opinion) and wouldn't make me choose you for your web design service, but I'm sure you'll eventually change this as your graphic design skills improve, we all start somewhere!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…