First aid 98 missing vrtfixd.vrt backtrack monitor

When i boot my friends mothers computer it`s looking for vrtfixd.vxd for first aid 98 i have checked the disk for the missing file what should i do to fix the problem. My friends mother is over 60 so please no time wasters.
Thanks for all your help
Madmonkey

Dr. Charles 17:22 15 Jun 03

If you look here
click here

You will find what you are looking for. A little less of the "Timewasters" if you don`t mind lad, we are all highly skilled computer people

Regards,

Charles

His Nibs 00:17 10 Jun 04

Cybermedia First Aid 97

I recognised this user's problem, but it is not my intention to comment on it, since I can't remember the connection. Instead, I have my own question, which either readers, or the Advisor staff might be able to help with. Here it is!

For a number of years I had a string of incarnations of an earlier computer, which successively ran on Windows 98 and Windows ME. On those systems I ran (what I believed to be) the excellent Cybermedia program First Aid 97.

When I upgraded to my current computer, I graduated to Windows XP, but on attempting to install First Aid from my original disc, XP told me that it was not compatable, and that it could not even be installed.

While I would not be dogmatic enough to say that you didn't need to exercise caution with First Aid, I still thought it was a good program, and it solved many issues automatically. (One learns the pitfalls through experience, and therefore what not to do with it!)

So, my current question is this: Is there a way I can get XP to accept First Aid 97, or is there somewhere I can acquire an upgrade for it, or is there a new program which has taken over from it?

(I wondered if the program had been bought over by a different software company, which might then have revamped it, and renamed the new version). Can anyone help me with this?

VS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…