Firmware upgrade problem - 3COM OfficeConnect ADSL

quaggydog 11:32 27 Jan 06

I am having problems with a firmware upgrade for a 3COM OfficeConnect ADSL Modem 11g Wireless Router. I have successfully downloaded the last 3 firmware upgrades (all .exe files) from the 3COM site. But when I try and use them to upgrade the equipment, I get the message "File Verification Failed". Any ideas?

quaggydog 13:36 27 Jan 06

Sorry - should have included the model number... it is 3CRWDR100A

ade.h 23:16 27 Jan 06

Yeah. Don't upgrade the firmware. We have a saying around here; "if it ain't broke..." Unless you are trying to cure a specific problem - one that can be sorted by a firmware flash - then avoid it.

quaggydog 22:47 29 Jan 06

. . . is intermittent disconnecting.

lenc 14:28 30 Jan 06

I had a similar problem with my BT Voyager WAP. First, the exe is a self extracting zip file. Second, all attempts to upgrade the firmware failed until I switched to using IE, instead of my usual Opera. It worked a treat with IE. BT support told me that there can be problems if you don't use IE, but they never suggested that I make sure I was using it.

quaggydog 08:50 01 Feb 06

Thanks lenc. This is also a self-extracting zip file! I'm sure it doesn't mention it on the support website but I feel like a right idiot for not checking this anyway.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…