Firmware update for Netgear DG834GT

Damo1977 18:28 15 Jul 09

I have been having problems recently with my Netgear DG834GT Wireless Modem as I could only access in the room the modem is located without problems.

If I access the internet in another room (even the next room) it would continually lose my connection, which is very frustrating as I often sit and work in the kitchen.

Someone told me to go onto the Netgear website and load the latest firmware update and this should solve the problem. Does this right to you?

Anyway the firmware showing on my modem is v1.03.89 and when I go to netgear website it offers me v1.02.19 is this an update?

Is it worth me going through with this?

My broadband is with Sky and they supplied the modem. I wont be causing any problem will I if I do go ahead with this?

Thanks.

mgmcc 21:28 15 Jul 09

Netgear Modem/Routers supplied by Sky have a firmware version that is specific to Sky and you shouldn't try to update it with standard firmware from Netgear's website.

Make sure you don't have any other "wireless" devices, such as mobile or cordless phones, located close to either the router or the computer's "Wireless Network Adapter". Also, keep away from large metal objects such as radiators, kitchen "white goods" etc which can degrade the WiFi signal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…