//some 3rd party need geo

Firmware Update 1.45.11 for BEFSR41

Newuser4165 23:25 14 Jun 04

I have run into problems with my router following a recommended firmware update.
I now need to reset the router each day in order to connect to the internet or run my email program (Pegasus).Linksys support say this is due to incorrect flashing of the firmware update but I'm not convinced since I have flashed the firmware as per Linksys instructions.The router also now fails a Shields Up test which indicates that Port 113 is now closed and not stealthed.
Doe anyone know what's going on here?

SEASHANTY 14:11 15 Jun 04

Sorry cannot help with this. I have been using this router now for approx 18 months and it is still working fine. I have not updated the firmware on account that this forum is full of reports on people
updating the bios on PC's and ruining their PC due to incorrect flashing. See page 145 of the current July 04 issue of PCA. The moral is - if it is working okay do not change the firmware. This also applies to optical drives. I would ask Linksys - as your flash has gone wrong - if there would be any benefit in trying the firmware update again. I do not think you will be able to return to the original
setup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…