Firmware Problem

Binoboy 15:55 01 Feb 07

Technically this isn't a problem with my PC but my MP3 player (Creative Zen Micro) but I don't know where else to look for help.

Basically one day it just hung up and when I tried restarting it all I can get is a 'Firmware Problem' sign. I understand this can be sorted but don't have a clue where to start.

Can anyone give me a step-by-step guide.

My PC is currently running on Windows XP.

Diversion 15:59 01 Feb 07

You will find the Firmware here click here

Diversion 16:05 01 Feb 07

You should have a USB lead to connect your Zen to the computer, on the Zen cick on install new Firmware and it should find the file the you have downloaded from the above link usually saved to my documents.

You should have a USB lead to connect your Zen to the computer, on the Zen cick on install new Firmware and it should find the file the you have downloaded from the above link usually saved to my documents.

Diversion 16:09 01 Feb 07

Sorry about posting 3 times, Ive just installed a new firewall and I am still setting it up.

Binoboy 23:20 01 Feb 07

When I click on the new firmware it is coming up with a message telling me that my Zen is not connected. It is connected to the computer via the USB, however the computer is not recognising it as it is not booting properly.

Any advice?

Diversion 23:46 01 Feb 07

Try a different USB port I had to connect my granddaughters through one at the back of the computer, as the ones at the front would not show the connected Zen.

Diversion 23:53 01 Feb 07

The Zen also had to use the rear ports to recharge the unit. The ones at the back are powered with a small current of electricity.

Binoboy 13:29 02 Feb 07

Thanks for your help - the Zen is now working again, which is great, however the software is not picking up on it. Do I merely need to reinstall it?

Diversion 18:59 02 Feb 07

You have install the software that came with your Zen into the computer so you can transfer your MP3's to the Zen yes. I did a backup copy of the software disk and use that, then if that gets damaged just make another copy of the original disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac