firewire port not working - help?

kfq61 06:58 08 Apr 05

Hi,

have recently bought a carrera pc ( didn't know they'd gone bust!!). On the spec that I bought, it didn't include firewire port, but when it arrived, it does appear to physically have one on the front panel. When I have tried to link my camcorder up to it, the pc doesn't recognise it? In doesn't appear in the device manager also?
Any ideas, if and how how I can get it to work?

Thanks

User-312386 07:20 08 Apr 05

Are you sure its on the front panel? Could that not be the headphone socket?

kfq61 07:33 08 Apr 05

Thanks for reply and yes, its def there, it's called IEFE 1394 under it. As said earlier, the lead, connections all go in fine, turn camcorder on to play, but no response?

Jdoki 09:18 08 Apr 05

Probably the only way to check is to open your case and see if there is some sort of connection to a header on the motherboard.

If there's a disconnected cable then you'll need to look up, in your mobo manual or on the net, to find out where it plugs in (if firewire is supported by your mobo that is).

If it's not wired up I'm not sure what you can do if you haven't got the connecting cable.

kfq61 10:54 08 Apr 05

thanks, will try!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…