Firewire leads

Can anyone tell me the difference between 4w-4w and 4w-6w firewire leads? Which lead is used for a sony digital 8 camcorder?

  fitshase 12:18 14 Oct 03

I don't think that sony digital 8 camcorder have a firewire port on them. I think that only the miniDV camcorders have a firewire (or DV in/out, iLink, as they are sometimes called).

The 4w-4w is a cable with 2 small ends on.

The 4w-6w is a cable with a small plug on one end and a larger (near USB size) plug on the other end.

Normally a firewire card in your computer has a 6w socket and a camcorder has a 4w.

If your camcorder does have a small socket for the firewire then you would need the 4/6 cable.



  fitshase 12:22 14 Oct 03

I stand corrected. The Sony Digital 8 camcorders do have an iLink (DV in/out) socket (just looked on click here)

It will probably be the 4/6 cable you will need in order to connect to your computer.



This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now