Firewire Issues

Halk 11:57 27 Aug 04

I have a had Viao notebook for a while and have been unable to connect my JVC DV to the VIAO via the built in Firewire, although my mates SONY DV works fine. My understanding is that SONY notebooks only work with thier own DV's, alteast thats what the promotional literature. Can anyone suggest a work around, one option I thought might work was to buy and a firewire PC card, but I'm not sure if this will cause any addtional conflicts with the one that is already built in. Any suggestions on how to get actualy start editing some of my movies would be great.

JonnyTub 12:02 27 Aug 04

a firewire card as you mention wouldn't cause any probs with the existing one already at all. With regard to the firewire port only recognising sony camera's is wrong. Any firewire enabled camera should be able to use this port regardless of manufacturer. There could be a problem with your camera, take it to your mates and see if it's recognised on his pc to rule out the port on your camera.

JonnyTub 12:06 27 Aug 04

You should be able to use not only Sony's peripherals, but also any other device that uses a 4 pin non-powered FireWire connector.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…