firewire connection

oaken 12:30 20 Feb 04

I have installed an nec firewarden firewire card on my system which uses windows me. When I connect my cannon mv10 dv video camcorder it is not recognised. In device manager it is shown as an unknown device. This is the second card I have tried. I previously had a texas instruments card and had the same problem. I have tried various software packages and have the same problem. I know my camcorder is functioning correctly because I have tried it on a system at work which runs windows 2000 and presto video works and it work fine. Is it a problem with ME. If so how do I resolve it, any ideas.

christmascracker 12:39 20 Feb 04

Have you installed the driver for the camera?

MichelleC 13:11 20 Feb 04

Also the Texas Intruments is not the best driver for the card, it's the windows generic one.

oaken 12:56 22 Feb 04

cannon say no driver is required for the camera, just the card which is working ok.

MichelleC 12:28 28 Feb 04

Go into device manager and change driver for card and reboot ('Display a list etc' - usually there's a choice of 2), leaving dv camcord plugged in and on. Also try using another dv editing prog, here's a free one click here The capturing tool in dv editors is a seperate tool (ie VidCap) and some are better than others. If no go it's probably a ME issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…