Firewire and Camcorder cables

scrumdowns 22:22 30 Dec 03

I have Panasonic NV-DS11 Camcorder which I bought some years ago which came with a serial cable. I have now upgraded my PC and ensured that this had a built in firewire card to speed up the down loading of video. The thing is now how do not know how to connect my old Camcorder to the firewire connector.

The Camcorder has an s-video out and av out sockets.

Can anyone please help?

KW2K 23:48 30 Dec 03

Your Camcorder MUST have a Firewire OUT socket(Sometimes called a DV out)to enable you to connect it to the firewire socket on your pc. If you don't have this on your camcorder, you'll not be able to connect it via firewire. I do a lot of DV Editing on my pc and always connect my camcorder to my pc via firewire, or DV IN / OUT as it is sometimes called. The other way to connect your camera to your pc if it dosen't have a firewire connection, is bu using a breakout box supplied by someone like "Pinnacle", This will let you connect your camera via the s-video socket to the breakout box. Incidently, the Pinnacle system I use is "Pinnacle Studio Deluxe" with V8 studio software. Hope this helps !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…