Firewall/spyware/cleanup

going to broadband soon, have loaded Zone Alarm Pro(exchange rate good). Comes with Pest Patrol.
How does this compare with Spybot?. What about clean up programmes Window Washer, Internet Cleanup, Privacy Guardian etc. Any recommenditions.

rawprawn 18:49 01 Feb 04

Spybot is a different kind of program to Zone alarm, ZA is a firewall, Spybot seeks out & destoys adware. You should have a Firewall such as Zone Alarm. An Antivirus such as Avast, & both Spybot & Ad-aware. then you should be OK.( Keep them all up to date) I can recomend all the programs named.

rawprawn 18:51 01 Feb 04

Sorry, forgot to say, the best clean up program I knoe is SuperCleaner click here

obbit 20:03 01 Feb 04

pest ptrol is good and so is spybot. spybot is free so have it as well. i have ad-aware and spywareblaster also free. if one of them miss something one of the others might spot it.

ad-aware
click here

spywareblaster
click here

Hitch-Hiker 20:17 01 Feb 04

I have awayss used norton system works I had in the old days on dail up and I still use it no I i am on broard band as I have been for the past 3-4 years only had a few probs but it has served me well

BLB 20:22 01 Feb 04

I have Spybot and Adaware but noticed something not quite right with my computer. Ran both of them-nothing. Tried a program called Spyhunter- it found 77 parasites which it deleted !!! Puts the others to shame.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…