Firewalls/Antivirus - separate or combined?

kwil2 14:49 03 Jul 09

Hi...I currently run separate Firewall and antivirus software.
Is it better to use a firewall/antivirus utility suite and keep everything 'in-house' or just keep things separate?
If combined: can anyone recommend a suite?
Thanks

kalignorgna 15:01 03 Jul 09

i use Kaspersky AV and comodo firewall and have never had a problem.

Halmer 18:18 03 Jul 09
  birdface 19:13 03 Jul 09

Separate.Easier to fix if you get problems.Whether a Suite or not,remember to have a couple of good Anti-Spyware programs installed as well No security suite will find everything.

kwil2 01:39 04 Jul 09

Many thanks to you all for taking time to reply. And for the options. I think I'll stick to the 'separate route'.

gazzaho 07:26 04 Jul 09

As far as I can see there is no real difference between using a combined or separate firewall and antivirus. However in saying this if you install a combined suite you should remove the stand alone firewall as there will undoubtedly be conflicts.

A general rule of thumb is one antivirus and one firewall, for instance as far as I know Windows own firewall will disable itself if another is installed on your system, at least mine did when I installed F-Secure Internet Security 2009 onto my system. I've found you can generally have multiple spyware programs installed without conflict as long as you run them one at a time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…