//some 3rd party need geo

firewalls

Garthyy 16:57 09 May 06

Which seems to be the best one? I was using zone alarm but it often messes when installing programs plus slows down my system. I have a netgear router with a built in firewall - do I need a software firewall?

johnnyrocker 16:59 09 May 06

i would think best and prob safest to get one, i went for sygate after loads of za probs.

johnny.

Garthyy 17:04 09 May 06

Is sygate easy to setup. Thanx for quick reply Johnny

Gongoozler 17:24 09 May 06

I think your router is adequate for protecting your computer from outside attacks, what a decent software firewall will do is to alert you if something on your computer tries to access the internet without your permission. I'm surprised that ZoneAlarm was giving you so much trouble, I've been using it for several years without problems.

Garthyy 17:27 09 May 06

It has started giving problems when intalling programs on my new computer had to reinstall at least 60% of programs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:35 09 May 06

Had problem with ZA when trying to set up network so I too use Sygate unfortunately its no longer free but is easy to set up.

rawprawn 17:38 09 May 06
  yaesu 17:54 09 May 06

I'm currently using Outpost Pro, free for 6 months on PC pro cover disc. Works ok for me!
Somrtimes recommended on here is Kerio personalfrom here click here, yaesu

yaesu 17:55 09 May 06

Sorry finger trouble again. Should be click here yaesu

ade.h 18:25 09 May 06

Kerio is easily up there with Netveda and Outpost for power and configurability, while being more user-friendly than Outpost. Not that Outpost is particularly tricky to use. I have found Kerio to be comparable to Outpost for network use, which means better than anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…