Firewalls

bingo bob 15:25 18 Aug 03

I am thinking of getting a firewall. I have been looking at Preventon as ease of use. Can anyone advise please. I have Norton anti-virus already and my os is windows ME.

esl_webber 15:27 18 Aug 03

check out Zone Alarm, which is either free for the basic or you can pay for a more comprehensive version

dfghjkl 15:30 18 Aug 03

i use zone alarm,the free one,it flagged the msblast virus,my £35 norton let it in

Belatucadrus 17:02 18 Aug 03

Or Kerio Personnal firewall 2 click here free for home use and very good.

I use Outpost Firewall which is free and very easy to use.

It's currently available on the Cover Disc of October issue of Computer Shopper.

BJ

citadel 18:30 18 Aug 03

I would suggest norton firewall, I always try to use products from the same company to prevent conflicts.

malgall 18:58 18 Aug 03

i have norton internet security 2003 virus and firewall and i would highly recommend both
this is my first firewall and it is easy to use
you can buy them seperate
one question how old is your virus checker
because after the first year you have to pay
for keeping it upto date if the year is almost up
buy the internet security 2003 and you will get another year of updates i have seen this listed for £30 a few weeks ago

R4 19:30 18 Aug 03

Norton Internet security 2003 is great and can be bought for £12 on Ebay.
Make sure you De-install your old Norton Antivirus before installing the New Internet security otherwise you will get problems. Weekly Live Updates keep it updated for the lastest Virus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…