Firewall and XP

john 52 08:02 04 Mar 10

I am using Avast ,SuperAntiSpyware,Malwarebytes for my Virus protection which was recommended by this site
At the moment I am running the XP firewall behind a Router Firewall do forum members think this will give enough protection .
I have used Zone Alarm free in the past ??

Thanks for any replies

mgmcc 08:43 04 Mar 10

What Zone Alarm will do, that the Router's hardware firewall and XP's firewall won't do, is to control *OUTGOING* internet traffic. Zone Alarm prompts you to "Allow" programs in the PC that try to access the internet, the other firewalls only block unwanted traffic inward bound.

john 52 18:56 04 Mar 10

Many thanks for your reply !!

GaT7 20:55 04 Mar 10

I've been using WinXP's own firewall for the last 5 years with no problems. But then again there's nothing on my computer worth stealing. G

john bunyan 23:09 04 Mar 10

When I had XP I used Comodo (free) for some years. It is a bit intrusive and needs training but has a good reputation. I now use PCTools with W7 64 bit. mgmcc is rigt re outgoing stuff.

john 52 19:51 05 Mar 10

I have downloaded Zone alarm and I am using that .

Thanks to everyone who replied

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…