firewall on windows98?

blackmischief 16:40 14 Nov 03

how do I turn the firewall on for windows 98 running with freeserve?

pj123 16:44 14 Nov 03

What Firewall do you have?

leo49 16:45 14 Nov 03

There is no native Windows firewall in 98 so unless you've installed one - you haven't got one.

Totally-braindead 16:47 14 Nov 03

If you mean what I think you mean you don't have a Firewall (unless you installed one yourself). Windows XP has a built in Firewall, Windows 98 does not you'll have to download one.

Belatucadrus 16:55 14 Nov 03

Try installing one of these, all free all good :-

Outpost click here Kerio2 click here Sygate click here ZoneAlarm click here

gold 47 19:10 14 Nov 03

Sygate is a good firewall but you have to pay if want the pro version.

gold 47 19:11 14 Nov 03

Sygate is a good firewall but you have to pay if want the pro version.

R4 19:24 14 Nov 03

Norton Internet Security has Firewall and Anti Virus but you still need anti-spyware like spy sweeper.

canard 20:30 14 Nov 03

Sygate free version didn't fail me during the past 4 months of heavy internet weather. It's easy to use and doesn't seem to upset other apps like Zonealarm is reported to do.

uskfisherman 21:03 14 Nov 03

I installed Keirio from a PC Advisor disc which came with the latest Tricks issue. (WME) and I have never met so much trouble in all my life. I was bombarded with so many uninteligle warnings that I was thinking about getting enigma from bletchly! It also brought browsing to a virtual standstill..10 mins to get on this site for example. In the end I had to uninstall and reboot to return to some sanity. I have XP on another drive (dual boot) with firewall enabled and you would never know it was there.

Belatucadrus 00:25 15 Nov 03

I however like Kerio a lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…