Firewall and Windows XP

Issy 12:53 21 May 03

Can someone tell me if it is OK to install an additional firewall e.g Zonealarm as XP has one
which I feel is very ineffective.I have recently installed Broadband and am being pestered by Pop Ups!

MartinT-B 13:00 21 May 03

A new hole in the Xp firewall has come to light.

Get another firewall!

I use ZA too, but I think the others are effective too. It's a case of preference.

nick_j007 13:28 21 May 03

Pop ups can be reduced by a fair margin by downloading pop up stopper from click here

Martin T-B, what's the 'new hole' then? I use XP's firewall and all seems fine. Thanks

If you mean MSN Messenger pop-ups then download the Agnitum Outpost firewall click here and block ports 135-139. I did this two weeks ago and haven't had a single pop-up since.

MartinT-B 13:59 21 May 03

click here;EN-US;Q306203

MartinT-B 14:01 21 May 03

I hate it when links don't work!!

Copy/paste that onto Browser and remove gap between http:// and

Or click here

accord 15:47 21 May 03

go out and purchase or download the freebies. it is down to personal preference but im using Norton Internet Security 2003 and it works fine as a firewall and anti virus suite. wouldnt trust the xp firewall anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…