Firewall and web filtering suggestions please...

staningrimsby 21:37 PM 23 Nov 12

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so please be patient with me, I have been a member of an LEA IT support team for 12 years but due to cut backs in the LEA I have now been offered a position in a school.

Sadly I do not have any experience with firewalls and web filtering etc so was wondering what would be a good firewall to use preferably with web filtering as well. Also I would like it as easy as possible to configure as I have never done this before.

The firewall must also be able to be used with VPN connections, currently we are using Cisco ASA 5505 firewalls connected to a websense filter box. When the LEA stops support they will remove both of these, I did consider backing up the current firewall settings then buying one and restoring the config and making the adjustments to eliminate the websense box, but I have been told they are quite complex to congigure.

Any help please as to what is easy to configure and maintain and has a good price for annual maintainance.

Regards, Stan.

Forum Editor 11:13 AM 25 Nov 12

I suggest that you take a good look at this used by lots of schools, and very well reviewed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay