Firewall warning message.

1936 08:52 04 Feb 08

I find a warning when I open up my computer with the words as follows asking me if I wish to allow or deny. I have deleted the numerals following the local and remote addresses.

Should I allow or deny? What does the message mean?

Application: SQL Server Windows NT
Full path: C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\MediaServer\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$PINNACLESYS\Binn\sqlservr.exe
Local address:
Remote address:
Connection: TCP connection
Direction: In

birdface 09:19 04 Feb 08

Looks as though it is part of Microsoft. So should be Ok to allow it.But wait till someone else can confirm.click here

birdface 09:26 04 Feb 08

Yes put a hold on that until we find out more about it.

Technotiger 09:33 04 Feb 08

If you have Studio9 or similar, from Pinnacle, among your programs - (I also have Studio9), this is safe to allow.

birdface 09:46 04 Feb 08

Yes put a hold on that.Wait until someone can give you the correct information.I am not to sure about it now.

Technotiger 09:59 04 Feb 08

In this instance it is to do with Pinnacles DataBase. It is not just confined to Pinnacle, but covers many other DTB configurations, and for Apple as well as Windows.

birdface 10:33 04 Feb 08

Thanks for coming back with that information.I was a bit worried in case I was advising wrongly.

Technotiger 12:39 04 Feb 08

It is always best to be cautious, but in this instance all is ok - perfectly safe to allow.
Have a look through some of these you will see what I mean.

click here

1936 19:50 04 Feb 08

Many thanks for all the advice. The new AVG Firewall and Virus check I have started to use is rather protective and every time that I open an application from Pinnacle Studio to Nero a message comes up which asks permision to make contact.
I feel instintively inclined to say NO. Am I right or am I biting of my nose to spite my face?

Technotiger 20:13 04 Feb 08

It should not make any difference whether you choose Yes or No as long as you check the box which says something like, Remember this setting. I don't use that particular firewall, so I am not sure of the wording, but feel that it should give you that option.

It would not do any harm in any case to give a Yes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…