firewall turns off

elbecko 23:58 07 Jun 08

hi there.

i run xp but i do not use the windows firewall, i've always had the sunbelt kerio variety, which works well.

however, more often than not, after i start the computer up, a message comes on the desktop saying that my sunbelt firewall is turned off.
it doesn't happen every time, maybe 7 out of 10 times.

any ideas why this would happen?

birdface 00:06 08 Jun 08

I don't know but if you find out let me know.As mine is the same.I was thinking of deleting it and then reinstalling it.I don't think there is a repair function with it.Mine only does it about 1 in 10.

rdave13 00:15 08 Jun 08

Possibly change firewall? Try some others to see if they work better and have a good interface.

Technotiger 06:55 08 Jun 08

I too have XP and Sunbelt (Kerio) firewall. I have never experienced any turning off of the firewall. I have the full paid for version, have been using it for quite a few years now.

Technotiger 07:05 08 Jun 08

BTW, there is a time-limited offer running at the moment - from the Sunbelt web-site the full version is available for only $9.95, approx £4.50.

birdface 10:33 08 Jun 08

Can't grumble with £4.50 I have purchased the paid version removed and reinstalled the Firewall and will wait and see if I get anymore problems.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now