Firewall turned off on Bullguard

heavymetalkid 00:05 19 Jan 06

I've got a new Evesham computer with a pre-installed Bullguard anti-virus. Tonight I was copying a CD which took much longer than usual. As it didn't seem to be going anywhere I clicked on abort. This didn't stop it so I closed it with Control Alt Delete and, eventually it stopped. I think it was a faulty blank. Then my problems began. I got an on-screen Bulguard warning that my firewall was disabled and that I should reboot or, if this didn't work, re-install. I have re-booted, done a system restore all to no avail. I can't re-install because I wasn't supplied with a CD Rom. I currently have no firewall. Can anyone help?

Chegs ®™ 00:37 19 Jan 06

I would make good of the fact Bullguard is broken and remove it from your system,as it comes bundled with spyware.

Once off your system,I suggest you get one of the many free for personal use firewalls(zonealarm/sygate/outpost,etc)

Chegs ®™ 00:38 19 Jan 06

and ditto to anti-virus,AVG,etc

heavymetalkid 08:59 19 Jan 06

Morning Chegs, I'm incredulous that you say a payed for and seemingly respectable product such as Bullguard is infected,surely Evesham wouldn't install it if this was the case. What evidence do you have to support your claim?

Chegs ®™ 12:15 19 Jan 06

click here

I have assisted two others previously to dispose of this software.

click here

click here

click here Your previous thread.

click here

heavymetalkid 20:42 19 Jan 06

Sheesh that sounds horrific,yet I must say that I've had no problems so far that I'm aware of. You sat you've assisted two others to dispose.....won't it uninstall from "add or remove programs"?

Chegs ®™ 23:20 19 Jan 06

Dunno about newer versions,but I had to hunt down an uninstaller to remove it from my partners sisters lappy.I've uploaded it to my website and you can get it here click here if it refuses to git via Add/Remove.

Skyver 23:22 19 Jan 06

Sorry to interrupt but what spyware is bundled with Bullguard? I may need to inform someone to remove it...

heavymetalkid 23:32 19 Jan 06

Chegs , just contacted Bullguard and they replied. They were horrified by what you said and asked to review the thread. I passed it on to them and await their reply . I'll let you know.

Andreio 00:37 20 Jan 06

Hello. I work within the BG support team. I am very sorry to asy that you did not read any of the reviews links you have given carefully. Otherwise you would have seen that the people complaining are using an antivirus module created by BG and installed alongside Kazaa lite. This should clear up the spyware related questions, which are installed by Kazaa (this is how the lite version is "free") and not by BG. Also, when installing the antivirus module during the installation of Kazaa, there is no warning message about un-installing other antivirus applications to avoid compatibility issues (slowness, scans that are not finishing properly, unexpected shutdowns).
I find it rather stupid that people using P2P applications (mainly to download applications cracks of dubious source) complain about getting infected with spyware and viruses. This is kind of a contradiction in essence.
Also, I would suggest you read the Read_me file for each application you install/use because it might prevent a lot of problems from appearing.

Chegs ®™ 13:20 20 Jan 06

I can't find the original review of BG that revealed the presense of spyware in the app.

I would think it strange that if BG was such a brill piece of software an uninstaller would be deemed neccessary to remove it.

I don't use BG,or Kazaa and will continue to advise folks of my opinion of BG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now