Firewall test

seventiesdolly 17:20 08 Nov 05

I have just performed a firewall test, using a link given in this forum, which showed my internal isp address is visible to all - apparently this should NOT be visible?
I am currently using windows firewall as Outpost was not alowing me to view secure sites.
Should I be concerned?

PaulB2005 17:22 08 Nov 05

What test?

What do you mean by INTERNAL IP address?

johnnyrocker 17:23 08 Nov 05

windows firewall is only incoming protection and will not do much about outgoing attempts. i use sygate which i find excellent once you have the permissions set ( i suspect this was your outpost prob)click here

johnny.

seventiesdolly 17:26 08 Nov 05

I haven't a clue what 'internal isp' address is, that was just the blurb on the test result...
Couldn't see where you thought my outpost prob was on that link JR?

johnnyrocker 17:34 08 Nov 05

my link was for sygate, the comment in brackets refers to the setting of permissions which was probably why outpost would not let you visit certain sites as i said.

johnny.

Stuartli 17:45 08 Nov 05

Download the free version of ZoneAlarm and, after it is installed, disable the Windows Firewall.

click here

octal 17:47 08 Nov 05

Which site are you testing it with? Can you provide a link to it?

ACOLYTE 18:00 08 Nov 05

click here try this scroll down to shields up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…