Firewall settings?

Chris-171162 14:15 01 Jul 05

I've just got broadband and a new machine. Zone Alarm was pre installed. I've managed to block my access to the internet, probably by paranoid denial of access as the firewall alerted me to prorams trying to access the internet. I'm inclined to uninstall and start again (I have a CD with ZA on), but how do I know what programs to allow? I'm using Mozilla as a browser. Any advice appreciated, but don't add to my embarrassment at such a silly action!

wee eddie 14:43 01 Jul 05

Most have a built in Firewall

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:28 01 Jul 05

In ZA control centre - program control - allow Firefox

Completealias 16:38 01 Jul 05

Open up zonealarm and go to the program control section then click on the program tab look down the list for your webbrowser and make sure there is a green tick in the access internet column this should then allow your webbrowser to access the internet.

As far as what programs do you allow its down to preference and common sense really. If a program that you don't know is trying to access the net then deny it remember thou you don't have to tick the box always remember this action so you can then have a chance to find out what the program is and then grant it access next time if you wish to.

Programs that will need access to the net are anti virus, updaters for your anti spyware apps, your web browser, windows update, any instant messenger apps you use, outlook express or your mail client if you use one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…