Firewall says binaries have changed

john bunyan 22:33 PM 14 Mar 12
Answered

W7,PCTools firewall. Today the firewall said "PropertySynch binaries have changed" and I chose the block option as I cannot find PropertySynch. Anyone know what it is?

northumbria61 13:34 PM 15 Mar 12

It appears that it is PC Tools Firewall that is asking for permission to allow a program - see this link here enter link description here

It MAY relate to the problem that you are having (note in this case it is referring to Thunderbird)

john bunyan 14:55 PM 15 Mar 12

northumbria61. I got the firewall name wrong; I used to have PCTools but now use the W7 one. I still have PCTools on a laptop, but the binaries change message was from the Windows7 Firewall on my desktop. I am still interested in finding out to which programme "PropertySynch" is attached.

Woolwell 15:10 PM 15 Mar 12
Answer

Do you have Do not track plus?

john bunyan 19:31 PM 15 Mar 12

Woolwell. Yes, and indeed as the link below shows, I installed the new version recently, so that was why the binaries changed. Thanks for that - I wish these messages were more obvious!! I will mark as solved! JB

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4126900/updated-dnt-out/

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites