Firewall problems [sygate]

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:36 01 Oct 04

i have been using sygate for last 6 months but decided to try a better one, i uninstaled sygate & instaled the new 1. [pcinternet patrol] It was TOO good and blocked things i didnt want to, so i unistaled it and went to reinstal sygate. but when i try to i get a message 1/2 way through saying

Error 1316 a network error occured while attempting to read file C\WINNT instaler WISB43BAE [yadi yadi yadi] 2525.MSI

so i went to add /remove progs an there were 2 sygates, so i removed the 1st, but when i tryed i got the same mesage as when i tryed to instal it.

so i cant instal or uninstal it, and there's no folder for it in the c\ programmes

any ideas??

ZT

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:52 01 Oct 04

so i removed the 1st one, then i tried to remove the second version, but i got the same error 1316 message as when i tryed to instal it.

rdave13 00:11 02 Oct 04

contact sygate.

ZEROTOLERANCE 22:48 03 Oct 04

tried their site, but cant seem to find a contact email??

Dan the Confused 22:54 03 Oct 04

What Windows version? Have you tried running a registry cleaner?

Montoyaikkonenna 23:23 03 Oct 04

win XP Pro sp1

yes, tried a reg clean

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:30 03 Oct 04

yes it is winxp pro, i havnt done a full registry sweep, i used ultra win cleaner which didnt fix the problem, i also have regcleaner, but it can be a bit too agressive, cleaning things i dont want removed.
trouble is it finds so many faults i can be bothered to go through them all.

Dan the Confused 23:43 03 Oct 04

You could try this click here

Dan the Confused 23:45 03 Oct 04

RegScrubXP is a good registry cleaner too click here

User-312386 01:44 04 Oct 04

are you sure it is not a "i316" error, rather than a "1316" error?

Stuartli 10:12 04 Oct 04

Did you configure pcinternet.patrol properly?

You should be able to configure it to allow what you wish and block unwanted sites etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…