firewall problems (sunbelt)

dedaio 12:07 25 Aug 08

hi...

I have quite some problems with my firewall. i used zone-alarm a lot before, but i think it's not good anymore because it started to become slower every patch, and less options were available.

then i downloaded comodo, it was nice, but i had problems playing shaiya, because it runs "gameguard" and it wont work together with comodo, and i like online games, and couldn't make an exeption, so i had to uninstall comodo.

then i used sunbelt...it looked great, and this is what i have now. but i'm kinda worried, though.

first of all, i get annoying "intruction blocked" messages from sunbelt, it blocks sv chost, and also has problems working together with spyware doctor

though,these pop-ups aint my biggest worry. i don't get ANY allow/deny acces pop-ups AT ALL!!!really, no pop ups at all, i can use all programs without having to click a single time on a pop-up...i think a firewall needs allow/deny pop-ups??or is this normal??

dedaio 12:35 25 Aug 08

it can't be normal i don't get any allow/deny access pop-ups right?

User-1229748 13:02 25 Aug 08

i use pc tools free firewall because along with avira antivirus its really light on resources.

dedaio 13:46 25 Aug 08

yes but it's not rlly safe...i either need a good free firewall, or an explaination WHY i don't get allow/deny popups!!!!!this is what a firewall does ?

Sea Urchin 14:00 25 Aug 08

Not all firewalls work in that way - some just get on with their work in the background and don't bother you.

This extract from the link below explains your options in Kerio's Sunbelt

Once you install Sunbelt’s Kerio Personal Firewall, you’re given the option to either install the ‘Simple Mode’ (the typical setting in which the firewall won’t ask you for anything) or the ‘Advanced Mode’ where it gives the user more flexibility in what they’re trying to do (the firewall will ask about unknown network traffic and launching unknown operations).

So you can select the level you want

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos