Firewall Problem

SHUNNA 11:14 26 Jan 05

The free edition of Zone Alarm has started to cause problems on my pc. Sometimes it`s o.k then other times it causes the Page Can`t be Found message on all searches. Switching ZA off always cures the problem.
O.S is Win xp pro and windows firewall is selected off.
I have a 3Com Router with internal firewall which is selected on.
Do I need ZA with the router firewall or what is the recommended combination?

Jeffers22 11:19 26 Jan 05

I run behind a router and uninstalled ZA pro as soon as I set up my BB connection. It means I don't get outbound protection, but I'm not too worried about that as I'm careful to the point of paranoia. Not had anything unwelcome get in in just under a year of that set up. I would aggue that inbound protection is stronger with a router (if you have NAT and SPI) than provided by a software firewall anyway.

SANTOS7 11:21 26 Jan 05

Having two firewalls will cause conflict which one you use is up to you a concensus of oppinion is that
router firewalls are pretty secure so there would be no need to use a third party fiorewall like Z/A.....

johnnyrocker 11:26 26 Jan 05

i found that za almost always fails after a time, i switched to sygate and had no problems since.

johnny

SHUNNA 11:27 26 Jan 05

Thanks both, will remove ZA immediately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…