firewall permissions query Windows 7

pookie 21:39 PM 08 Feb 13

Hi,

Windows 7 SP1. I use Avast free antivirus and Comodo free firewall. Comodo brings up lots of permission/block alerts. There have been so many recently I may have given permission to something in error as with some alerts the programme/file seeking internet is not easily identifiable.

If I uninstall Comodo and then install another firewall software if I have allowed a dodgy programme internet access will the new firewall automatically give it approval as I originally give it permission with Comodo or will the new firewall detect it as dubious?

Many thanks

rdave13 22:28 PM 08 Feb 13

Find out how to remove Comodo's free firewall from their own site. There must be a removal tool. Win 7's own firewall is good enough. If Win 7 firewall burps an opinion not to allow, then click OK to not allow.

Avast, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and Spywareblaster, all free versions is all you need if you manually scan. Avast is pro-active but not with the recent version of the program. Virus updates are.

Avast program updates are manual for the free version.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites