Firewall not starting automatically on bootup.

Meshuga 19:33 27 Feb 06

I use Preventon firewall and for ages it has always started on bootup. Since installing Defender Beta2 it will no longer do so. I have to click on it in the programs list to open it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. It shows as installed in the control panel Add&remove and in the start-programs list. I can find no reference to it in start-run-msconfig-startup. I do have a firewall in my router but the two have run happily together and I understand that you can have more than one firewall but only one AV prog. What can I do to get it to open on bootup please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:39 27 Feb 06

Not two software fires walls

1 hardware in router 1 software on PC ok

Have a lokk in defender -tools -software explorer

Meshuga 19:53 27 Feb 06

Hi Fruit Bat, Have looked in Defender- Software Explorer and it says alongside Preventon " Autostart No" How can I change that to Yes please.

ade.h 20:18 27 Feb 06

As a temporary workaround, copy it to the Startup folder. It will start later than normal, but at least it will get going without your intervention.

Meshuga 20:20 27 Feb 06

Thanks ade.h, How do I do that please?

ade.h 20:23 27 Feb 06

Just drag it over to the Startup folder. In the All Progs list.

Meshuga 20:27 27 Feb 06

It is already there ade.h but it does not start unless clicked.

ade.h 20:29 27 Feb 06

Run msconfig, look in Startup, and see what's there. Might just need a tick in a box.

Meshuga 20:36 27 Feb 06

I had mentioned in my opening post that I had checked that but have just checked again and Preventon is not mentioned at all.

ade.h 20:42 27 Feb 06

Copying a prgram's start menu entry to the Startup folder *should* put that entry in the corresponding tab of msconfig. If it hasn't done so, then there is definitely something not right!

I can't make any other suggestions; the Startup folder method has never failed me yet. I keep a few progs in there.

Meshuga 20:55 27 Feb 06

Thanks anyway ade.h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…