Firewall message

AJ25 14:13 27 Jul 06

My Sygate firewall is displaying this message every few mins

An application named NT Kernel & System (file name nyoskrnl.exe) has been blocked from accessing the network

I checked my settings and the NT Kernel is set to Allow. Can you stop this message from popping up and beeping in my earphones every minute or so

johnnyrocker 14:15 27 Jul 06

put a tick in remember my answer?

johnny

AJ25 14:21 27 Jul 06

Already done. makes no difference

ade.h 16:28 27 Jul 06

The only thing that would be expected to cause that behaviour is if the file has been modified since the last warning.

Wak 16:45 27 Jul 06

Right click the Sygate icon in the task bar, tick Options, tick OK. On general tab tick Hide Notification Messages and see if that helps.

AJ25 16:46 27 Jul 06

OK. So what should I do to stop it

AJ25 16:47 27 Jul 06

I mean what is it? What is trying to happen?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 27 Jul 06

I hope you meant ntoskrnl.exe

nyoskrnl.exe is an unkown file.

Wak 17:18 27 Jul 06

The only similar file I have set to allow in sygate is the Kernel32.dll in C:\Windows\ system.
Suggest you go to Start/Find and enter nyoskrnl.exe in the box and see where it is. If it shows up in sygate I suggest you block it.
Incidentally, I have Win 98SE and assume you have Win XP (You didn't say!) so things could be different.
It could be a system file trying to contact home (Bill Gates).

DerekR 17:21 27 Jul 06

This happened to me last week - I uninstalled sygate, deleted all files from the system, rebooted, and reinstalled it from scratch. That cured the bugger!

DerekR 17:22 27 Jul 06

This happened to me last week - I uninstalled sygate, deleted all files from the system, rebooted, and reinstalled it from scratch. That cured the bugger!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…