Firewall message

torpid 23:34 16 Oct 05

Hello. When i boot up my pc everything seems fine and is quite quick etc, however, nothing seems to respond for about 3-4mins and untill i get a message at the bottom right of screen saying "no firewall is turned on-click ballon to fix problem".
When i check my firewall it is on-This happens at every start up. Please help

splork 23:38 16 Oct 05

What OS? XP? Broadband? Any progams in your StartButton/Progams/Startup folder? What antivirus software? What antispyware software? Am I asking too many questions?

torpid 23:52 16 Oct 05

Im using Windows xp home sp2,programs in startup folder=hpoddt01.exe, Adobe gamma loader,ez etrust antivirus, Broadband and i have just downloaded spyware so that cant be the issue

splork 23:54 16 Oct 05

the hp... etc is usually to do with Hewlett Packard hardware. Do you use wireless broadband?

splork 23:57 16 Oct 05

If you have a trusted antivirus/firewall solution that Windows doesn't recognise you will need to go into Windows Security Centre via Control Panel and check the relevant "I have a solution I will monitor myself" boxes.

torpid 00:10 17 Oct 05

hp is probably my printer then. I dont use wireless.
The security centre is where the ballon takes me if i click it-It tells me the firewall is on.
This just seems a bit odd as it hasnt always been like this.
Just noticed that i have no exceptions allowed/ticked- Also i have recently installed and run the ashampoo winoptimizer

torpid 00:16 17 Oct 05

I have just found a helpline number-Will give them a call in morning. Thanks for your help splork

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5