firewall loads last-help needed

garby 13:07 07 Dec 04

On start-up my firewall (sygate 5.6) loads last, my Anti-Virus (avg 7.0 free) loads before it, and connects to its server for the latest definitions downloads. As you can imagine if this was a virus it would access the internet before the firewall has loaded, which i am not too pleased about, especially using broadband. what i want to know is. What command/function can i use to alter the start up order, looked in msconfig but could not see any thing that might help me. Can anybody offer a sugestion that could rectify the order of the start up. any suggestions welcome. also, would changing this cause any problem.

ACOLYTE 13:22 07 Dec 04

I think its only the icon that is loading last the firewall software should still load and if you gave permission for AVG then thats why it connecting try deneying permission see what happens.I dont think there is a way to set the start up order but i could be wrong.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:20 07 Dec 04

You cannot as far as I know reset the start order. This is done by windows

Mine is different on every boot, It is annoying when security centre says my firewall is off the 2 seconds later it appears in the system tray.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…