Firewall Grief

Michael-240508 08:23 05 Jun 03

Hi all
Seem to be having problems with my firewall.
Originally had Norton 2001 but had problems.PC kept crashing. I binned that and put on Tiny personal firewall. Could'nt tell wether it was working so uninstalled and went for Zone Alarm.
Everything OK until I tried to use the update. After the reboot couldn't get any of my programs or folders to open. Assumed it was ZA and uninstalled in safe mode. Now using Sygate and things seem OK. I run Win2000. Anyone else had these problems with firewalls?

Bolderick 08:49 05 Jun 03

It seems a shame that you had so much trouble with ZA as I have used this for over 18 mnths now with little trouble.

I use XP Pro and it seems fine but can be a bit RAM-intensive!

Try ZA Pro if you want to but in any case if your present firewall does the job - just let it and forget it!!!

bof:) 08:52 05 Jun 03

Hi Carty,

if you want to see how well your firewall is doing go to click here and try running 'Shields Up' and 'Probe my Ports'.

From what I understand this is a well recognised site for testing out firewalls.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…