firewall first

123pete 00:21 22 May 05

Can anyone help me.
I am running xp sp2 and I want to ensure that my firewall/ainti virus are started before my broad band conection is active.

123pete 12:06 22 May 05

I am running xp home

TomG 20:17 23 May 05

What firewall/anti virus package are you using - all the decent ones start up first as a matter of caorse (otherwise they would be useless).

123pete 00:05 24 May 05

I'm runing norton firewall, on start up my network conection to yahoo appears in the system tray first. I am using automatic sign in.

TomG 19:07 24 May 05

I wouldn't worry too much what windows shows in the system tray as loading first - you could check the symantec site but I'm pretty sure Norton loads itself into memory first.

As i said an anitivirus package wouldn't be much good if it didn't load at startup.

Are you using a combined router/broadband modem? If so you can set that firewall to be on all the time (set a wep security key) and then you don't need the norton firewall.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:37 25 May 05

I use Norton's too and it always loads before the modem connects.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…