firewall and daily spam

please forgive my ignorance with firewalls, i don't really understand them and find them a pain. for a couple of months i havnt been using a software firewall, the pc has a hardware incoming firewall set to default (block all incoming) i have nod 32 version 3rc1 and spyware blaster which i understand works in a similar way to a ghost firewall. i do a deep scan with a squared once a week or after anyone else has used the pc. i have also used the trojan simulators and everyone was stopped before it got passed my ports. i am very happy with this set up as it uses 1 process and 1.4 k of ram.
my problem, if it is one is over the last week i have been recieving about 4 "adult" spam emails, this isnt a problem as bt yahoo piles them straight into a bulk folder, if i remove them nod's e mon deletes them before i can open them. i have had a pc here for 18 months and never recieved any spam before.
am i more visable with no firewall? is the spam because i have no software firewall?
many thanks.

alan2273 12:28 27 Oct 07

No it is nothing to do with your firewall, People who send out spam have varios ways of harvesting e-mail addresses, and if BT is blocking them I would not worry about it.

thanks alan, i feel a bit daft and maybe a little paranoid, i just wondered why some firewalls had port stealth and why shields up tested for leaks.
thanks for the reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…