Firewall confusion

drdeath 14:31 18 Dec 05

Whenever i boot upy pc, the icon at the bottom right on my screen informs me that'your computer may be at risk no firewall is turned on'
even though a firewall most certainly is turned on, any help/advice appreciated.

Forum Editor 14:38 18 Dec 05

If you can let us know that we're more likely to be able to offer advice.

Fingees 14:55 18 Dec 05

It happened on my computer. It turned out to be that windows firewall installed prior to my Norton,at bootup. As windows firewall was switched off, it gave a warning,which only just flashed up before Norton installed, so it then closed the warning.

It no longer happens, so i think because I now have fewer programs load at bootup,hence Norton installs before windows has chance eto warn.

drdeath 17:19 18 Dec 05

This is windows firewall in the windows security centre on windows xp if this helps thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:31 18 Dec 05

Windows firewall is only any good for incomming problems, it is worth looking at what programs on your system are trying to connect out.

A good free firewall is ZoneAlarm click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…