Firewall and BT Broadband

Rhuddlan 21:22 31 Aug 08

Hi All,

I have recentley got BT Total Broadband and after connecting everything up I couldn't access the Internet, I kept getting Internet explorer cannot display this webpage. After 45 minutes on the phone to a BT call centre in New Delhi, we discovered that ZoneAlarm was not compatiable with BT. I have now uninstalled ZA and turned on Windows Firewall.

Would I be safe with this Firewall kept on or is there a free Firewall I can download and install that will be compatiable and is reliable? I already have AVG, Ad aware, Spybot & Spywareblaster.

Thanks, Mat.

MAT ALAN 21:26 31 Aug 08

Zone Alarm was not compatible with BT

click here

just needs to be configured...

Kia Ora 21:35 31 Aug 08

Oh dear, BT must have a 'Delhi belly' why can't they employ people who know what they are talking about?

I've been using ZoneAlarm with BT since the time of BT Openworld, never ever had a problem, would not change to Windows Firewall if you paid me.

Just read the ZoneAlarm manual and set it up correctly. Still have problems, try here

click here

Rhuddlan 22:02 31 Aug 08

Thanks for the links and help.

Went to remove the update from add/remove programs but it stated that the update cannot be removed.

Did set ZA to medium as suggested previously, but did not work, will download and install new version of ZA and hope it works.

Otherwise, will have to find a new Firewall, anyone got any recommendations?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…