Firewall Blocks a Page in Firefox, but not Chrome

thegreypanther 08:57 AM 28 Feb 13

I have a page on the "Times" website which I used to regularly access using Firefox, but which I now can't get on to. The message which eventually appears tells me that a firewall may be blocking access to this page.

I can access other pages on the "Times" website, and I can access this particular page (Puzzles) using Chrome.

Is it possible for a firewall to block access to a particular page in a particular browser, and, if so, how can I unblock this?

Woolwell 10:31 AM 28 Feb 13

I doubt that a firewall is blocking a specific page in one browser only.

Suggest that you clear your cache/browsing history in Firefox and try again.

thegreypanther 10:46 AM 28 Feb 13

Many thanks, - your suggestion is spot on! Really grateful.

Curious, though, that the "Times" website suggests that the firewall may be to blame.

difarn 10:55 AM 28 Feb 13

Some crosswords in newspapers on line require the use of java and as a result of recent scares a lot of people have disabled theirs - Firefox itself disabled it in their browser for a while.

Woolwell 11:29 AM 28 Feb 13

You can get a "duff" page and clearing it sometimes helps.

MuDelta 17:21 PM 23 Mar 13

Surely your problem is solved; if so mark it as such. I had a similar problem and it was the firewall! I changed firewall and all was OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Lumia 950 vs Lumia 950 XL: What's the difference between Lumia 950 & 950 XL?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Medium's new logo was designed

iPad Pro vs iPad Air 2 comparison: Which of Apple's flagship iPads is best for you?