Firewall for Bittorrent

biteblue 21:39 09 Jul 06

I have had to enable DMZ so i can use bittorrent along with the games and applications i used. To replace the firewall built into my router i want to use a software one. I can't seem to find a firewall that will allow all connections for bittorrent. I have tried McAfee Personal Firewall, Zone Alarm and Panda but none of these work well with bittorrent dispite configuring them to allow all the ports and setting the application access rights.

Can anyone suggest a firewall that will work well with bittorrent (Azureus)?

ade.h 21:48 09 Jul 06

You cannot really substitute a hardware firewall with a client firewall. The former is a port-based firewall that, in most cases, provides NAT handling and stateful packet inspection. The latter is a permission-based firewall that is biased toward program and access control. A client firewall is acceptable if it's all that you can use, but remote/hardware firewalls will always be more effective.

I notice that two of the three firewalls that you have tried are premium (neither of which are sufficiently tweakable for your use, particularly McAfee); have you not tried Kerio, Netveda, etc, etc?

ade.h 21:48 09 Jul 06

Check out the discussions/recommendations here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…