Firewall and Anti Virus advice needed EZarmorLE

Taw® 18:49 20 Jul 04

I currently use AVG and ZA pro subscription now finished. I use ZA pro as it allows my family networked comps. to access the internet, Free ZA does not. I sent for Microsoft security update cd, received today along with a years free EZ armor LE Antivirus and firewall. Does anyone have info on these can I run my network etc? is it worth changing? Thanks in anticipation

Taw® 21:02 20 Jul 04

bump

Tony_B 21:33 20 Jul 04

Check out the August Issue of the mag there was a whole article on anti virus and firewall programs. Although I can't advise on the programs you asked about I did get rid of all Norton programs and have downloaded PC-Cillin from Trend Micro. Its a nice program to use and I can say that I am very happy with it. Well worth £39.99. Personally I hate the amount of alerts Zone alarm seems to throw up, but I guess its just doing what it should do.

Belatucadrus 22:15 20 Jul 04

I seem to remember reading that the EZ Armor firewall is a developed version of ZA Pro, can't find any suitable links to corroborate this though.

GaT7 22:58 20 Jul 04

E-Trust EZ Armor received a good review here - click here. HTH, G

Taw® 23:12 20 Jul 04

Belatucadrus, Crossbow7 link would appear to back up your info. Good link Crossbow7 think I will give it a try as it is free for a year. Should I uninstall ZA or just disable it. I remember some posts earlier stating there was probs uninstalling. If I dont get to resolve this link I will tomorrow.

Many thanks

GaT7 23:32 20 Jul 04

I think if you disable it you should be fine. I've never used ZA before so I'm not sure how to disable it completely so it stays disabled when the PC is rebooted. You may have to manually untick it's startup items to ensure this? Hopefully, someone who knows ZA well should know how this is done. G

sidecar sid 23:41 20 Jul 04

Ihave been using it for a couple of months now.The firewall is the basic free Zonealarm.If memory serves me right you can install the AV only if you wish,if that is the case why not do that and continue to use your copy of ZA.

Taw® 18:46 21 Jul 04

sidecar sid problem being my ZA pro is now out of date and the free version does not allow you to network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…